Veckatimest leaked, Ed Droste speaks

Hmm, so it seems the new Grizzly Bear album has already leaked. I don't think I even need to go into how excited I am to hear the album, but it's apparently low quality, so I'm holding back. I'm gonna buy the vinyl when it drops anyway, so as soon as a good leak surfaces I'll definitely be checking it out. This is, however, ridiculously early for a leak. My sympathy goes out to the band. I know it must truly suck to have gone through so much work just to see it go down like this. I have faith in the real fans getting the album legit, though. Ed Droste had this to say on the Grizzly Bear Blog:
So yeah, we are kind of bummed this leaked so early. We know it’s not the 90’s anymore and times have changed, and we’re super grateful for all the support people have shown us on the blogs and internet, but we were kind of hoping it wouldn’t happen this soon.

Ultimately we feel like we put out a great album and hope people enjoy it, and we really hope people take the time to pre-order and support the good one-and-a-half years it took to write and record it.

I promise you the album art for both CD and vinyl is going to be gorgeous. And a bonus: all vinyl people will get a high quality download coupon with their purchase.

Leaking is a tricky subject; as we all know, I’ve had my run ins with the law O__o (Hi, Mr. Sheriff!) I have conflicting opinions about it, as it’s really complicated, but ultimately it saddens me that a bummer-quality version of Veckatimest is going around. Please consider putting your energies into a pre-order or into waiting till May 26 for the album the way we intend it to be presented.

Not to get all mushy, but we definitely put a lot of love and work into this one and are just excited to hit the road and tour it again.

So yea, make sure to get it on vinyl, the way you ought to be listening to it anyway. Oh, and here are a couple live versions of some songs from the album, along with an early version of "Deep Blue Sea". The final version of it can be found on the Dark Was The Night compilation.

MP3 ::
Grizzly Bear - Cheerleader (Live)
Grizzly Bear - Two Weeks (Live on Letterman)
Daniel Rossen - Deep Blue Sea (Pre-EP Version)

No comments:

Post a Comment