Favorite Albums :: 2009

I started Get Off The Coast about a year ago, with my first post being my top 20 albums of 2008. My how things have changed. Here we are a year later and I'm pretty proud of what I've done with everything. I've had some crappy designs at times, but I'm proud of it now. They grow up so fast. You know, all that stuff. Anyway, I'm gonna stick to last years format of the album and an mp3, with no description. Most of these artists I've talked about on the blog plenty, and will continue to do so. Let the mp3 be your descriptor. And away we go!

20. Weed Diamond - Sweater Kids
MP3 :: All Of Denver Is Wasted

19. M. Pyres - Apart The Echo
MP3 :: Sea As Myth

18. Black Moth Super Rainbow - Eating Us
MP3 :: Born On A Day The Sun Didn't Rise

17. Wavves - Wavvves
MP3 :: So Bored

16. Kurt Vile - Childish Prodigy
MP3 :: Hunchback

15. High Wolf - Gabon
MP3 :: Gabon Pt 1

14. Box Elders - Alice & Friends
MP3 :: Jackie Wood

13. The Fresh & Onlys - Grey-Eyed Girls
MP3 :: No Second Guessing

12. Desolation Wilderness - New Universe
MP3 :: Boardwalk Theme

11. Washed Out - High Times
MP3 :: Belong

10. Mountain Man - Mountain Man
MP3 :: Animal Tracks

09. Julian Lynch - Orange You Glad
MP3 :: Seed

08. Ducktails - Landscapes
MP3 :: Landrunner

07. Deerhunter - Rainwater Cassette Exchange
MP3 :: Rainwater Cassette Exchange

06. Woods - Songs Of Shame
MP3 :: Rain On

05. The Almighty Defenders - The Almighty Defenders
MP3 :: All My Loving

04. Girls - Album
MP3 :: Hellhole Ratrace

03. Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest
MP3 :: Two Weeks

02. Real Estate - Real Estate
MP3 :: Green River

01. Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion
MP3 :: Summertime Clothes

I feel I should note 2 compilations that came out this year as well. I decided to do the above list with only full releases from artists, but if I had not then these two would easily have made my top 10.

Underwater Peoples Summertime Showcase
MP3 :: Pill Wonder - Wishing Whale

BUTTERxFACE presents Chum Onah
MP3 :: Toro Y Moi - Human Nature

One last huge thanks goes to every reader and artist who has made 2009 amazing. You rock hard.


  1. this list is in the top 5 of my "favorite "best albums of 2009" lists of 2009" list.

  2. thanks for the reminder about "New Universe"...keep for getting about that one...will spin it today.

  3. no Seek Magic? I'm surprised, given the rest of your list. Just started following this blog, so maybe you've got something against them that I missed...

  4. Nah, I liked Seek Magic, and it was close. If I'd done 25 albums it probably would have been in there.

  5. Nice list. Real Estate is incredible! I can't stop listening to it!

    I'm yet to hear The Almighty Defenders album. I love Black Lips and King Khan and can't believe I've not heard it yet!

    Check out my blog if you have time:



  6. god damn that weed demon song is absolutely killer!!!

  7. This is great! I am an independent singer songwriter and I learn a lot from reading blogs like this - thanks so much for sharing.

  8. Not a bad list at all. I think the first Fresh and Onlys LP is better the the second. But whatevts. Cheers.


  9. Also the The Almighty Defenders was gimicky. Not worthy. The KK and BBQ Invisible Girl Lp is much better.

  10. ...one of the best best of lists I've seen. Eclectic and fresh and showed me some neat music I hadn't heard!

  11. Hey :) Was really nice reading about how your blogs a year old mine is too! Really liked your list the first 10 were brilliant and original from all the other lists you see.

    Keep it going :D


  12. http://icedreamnicedream.blogspot.com

  13. Very cool info, though! Nice page thanks for the add!Oscar 2010 Dresses were amazing as always. Oscar’s Air Jordans colors are always rich; ed hardy shirts melon, teal,peridot mixed with Air Jordans white, blush Nike Kicks, and black. Wholesale Nike Shoes Beading and embroidery twinkled every Air Force Ones fancy, elegant Spanish Chantilly MBT Shoes Salelace gowns.
    Zac Posen was sitting in the front row for the first time, seeing the spring summer 2010 collection of Air Jordans Shoes Oscar de la Renta. “It’s a dream to see the pinnacle of Nike shoes embroidery and Christian Louboutin Shoes luxurious fabrics from the best mills in the world.