15.11.10

Favorite Albums 2010

Another year, another list. But hey, this year I finally got off the coast, and several times at that. I'm gonna be brief and get to the tunes. Same as the other years, album and a track, though I thought it'd be good of me to actually let you know who put the records out this time. Anyway, keep in mind these are my favorite albums from this year, not necessarily the best. I'm not qualified to judge that sort of thing.


25. Twins - The Other Side Of (Ruralfaune)
MP3 :: Waiting


24. Lush Cola - Lush Cola (Patient Sounds)
MP3 :: Teaching a Bull How to Sit and Stay Sitting


23. Dem Hunger - Caveman Smack (Leaving)
MP3 :: Horse Stomach


22. RxRy - VAEIOUWLS (RxRy)
MP3 :: AAIEI (alpha reply dagger signal)


21. Sumsun - Samo Milagro (Leaving)
MP3 :: Wind Stone


20. Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - Before Today (4AD)
MP3 :: Round And Round


19. Truman Peyote & Many Mansions - Peaced Together (Whitehaus Family Record)
MP3 :: Truman Peyote - Magentadoor II
MP3 :: Many Mansions - Ocean Temple Pt. 1


18. Emily Reo - Witch Mtn (Breakfast of Champs)
MP3 :: Blue Canoe


17. GR†LLGR†LL - GR†LLGR†LL (Disaro)
MP3 :: I.U.


16. Ensemble Economique - Physcal (Not Not Fun)
MP3 :: Real Things


15. Woods - At Echo Lake (Woodsist)
MP3 :: Suffering Season


14. Twin Shadow - Forget (Terrible)
MP3 :: I Cant Wait


13. Oneohtrix Point Never - Returnal (Editions Mego)
MP3 :: Nil Admirari


12. High Wolf - Ascension (Not Not Fun)
MP3 :: Solar System Is My God


11. Autre Ne Veut - Autre Ne Veut
(Olde English Spelling Bee)
MP3 :: Two Days Of Rain


10. Julian Lynch - Mare (Olde English Spelling Bee)
MP3 :: Just Enough


09. D'EON - Palinopsia (Hippos In Tanks)
MP3 :: Kill a Man With a Joystick In Your Hand


08. Velvet Davenport - Warmy Girls (Moon Glyph)
MP3 :: Warmy Personal Routine


07. Dylan Ettinger - New Age Outlaws (Not Not Fun)
MP3 :: Rico's Pawn Shop


06. Crystal Castles - Crystal Castles (Universal Motown)
MP3 :: Baptism


05. Pocahaunted - Make It Real (Not Not Fun)
MP3 :: Save Yrself (Its Nice)


04. Clive Tanaka y su orquesta - Jet Set Siempre 1°
(Tall Corn Music)
MP3 :: I Want You (So Bad)


03. LA Vampires & Zola Jesus - LA Vampires meets Zola Jesus
(Not Not Fun)
MP3 :: Bone Is Bloodstone


02. Toro y Moi - Causers Of This (Carpark)
MP3 :: Blessa


01. How To Dress Well - Love Remains (Lefse)
MP3 :: My Body

As always, a huge thanks to everyone who keeps coming back here, and to the artists who are constantly working and creating this music for us to selfishly enjoy. w/ ♥

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for the list, another nice thing about November/December is the best of year lists and music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I say...TOO SOON! And were is Big Troubles or Cloud Nothings on this list?

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I said, they're my favorite albums, and that's all. If it's not on there it doesn't mean it isn't good or that I don't like it. I assure you, I enjoyed many more than 25 albums this year, but I can't very well list every album I liked here. At the end of the day it's just a list on a blog. Don't sweat it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha. There's always gonna be some sort of backlash, no matter how you word your post I guess. Anyways, nice list. There's definitely some bangers on there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great List! Where's Drake Though?! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kudos for showing TORO Y MOI respect. It'll probably flood in from everywhere by year end, but he jumped off with a whimper (7.6 or something from Pitchfork), so good eye.

    Other than that, I guess I'm a lil upset you didn't like "Teen Dream," but it's a personal faves list, so I can't hate.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL!! : "Can I say...TOO SOON! And were is Big Troubles or Cloud Nothings on this list?" Why didn't you consult David Glickman before choosing YOUR favorites??? Geez.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol at crystal castles...ahahah
    GO LISTEN TO THEIR FIRST ALBUM, AND SPOT THE DIFFERENCE...SO MUCH BETTER :(
    really don't like their collab. with Robert Smith, also Not In Love sounds like ''house-pop-shite'' and not ''new-rave dancey-punk''
    I WOULD PREFER COYOTE CLEAN UP...2 ALBUMS OUT... he's a genius

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jher, you shouldn't have to explain why your list is the way it is! They needz to learn this is opinion based and not everyone's opinions are samesies.

    Well done homeboy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great stuff! Always nice to see what other folks enjoyed & I might've slept on. Thanks so much for sharing, especially the tracks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Top Job, i checked out a couple of which i had only heard singles and added them to my list.
    http://marcusrimondini.blogspot.com/2010/06/top-2010-albums.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. ...great jumping off point for the 2010 lists and some very keen choices... excellent stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww man, sweet list Jheri! As always, some albums I haven't heard about, some albums I need to revisit, and some albums that are sure to make my list too -- all you can ask for from a year-end summation!

    ReplyDelete

PLZ  BE  KIND