15.2.11

Premiere :: Luke Rathborne - I Can Be One

The sparse orchestration of Luke Rathborne's music has a strong emotional quality all to itself. It is, however, Rathborne's vocals that make you feel as he feels, and want what he wants: to be one. I'm sure that's left for interpretation, but the whole song has a feeling of pulling yourself together and moving on to me. It's rare that such a somber track can still leave you with hope at the end, and for that I commend Rathborne. The more recent I Can Be One EP is the sequel to his previous Dog Years EP, despite that it takes on a much less pop lean. They may not necessarily belong together, but they are both about the same thing: Rathborne's fear of connecting. This is also the track that apparently got Devendra Banhart to take Rathborne on tour with him, for what that's worth.

MP3 :: Luke Rathborne - I Can Be One
I Can Be One EP / Dog Years EP drops March 8 via Dilettante Recordings.

11 comments:

  1. Why isn't this playing on the radio?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can't get this stuff on the radio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. shits goin viral, 4 sure

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dude is going to bring music BACK to where it should be!!!! True expression and art for all to relate to and enjoy! I LOVE HIM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, I just heard of luke and his music for the first time... Will someone please tell me how that is possible?? What an incredible talent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guess i'll just have to agree with every review I have read so far about Luke... He is beyond his years in so many ways. I can't wait to hear the whole LP! Good to hear real music again

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this shit! MORE!

    ReplyDelete

PLZ  BE  KIND