15.6.11

Put It On

I just had this Summer trunk rattler dropped in my inbox earlier today. Woodruff, SC rapper J.O. Cool has teamed up with Baton Rouge producer John Wade for the album First Impressions, which drops this Tuesday. The first glimpse starts with the sound of a bong toking, something that actually seldom gets me the right way. It's the jazz horns over the monstrous kicks, however, that battle perfectly with Cool's southern drawl. There's even a little R&B chorus from Joey G that I believe exclaims "We make this shitty to get you right when you put it on." I really have no clue what it means, but he says it with so much swagger that I just have to agree. It certainly gets me right each time I put it on.

EDIT: Haha, so J.O. tweeted at me to let me know the lyric is actually "We made this shit here to get you right when you put it on." That makes a lot more sense, and is obviously more applicable.

MP3: J.O. Cool - Put it On (f. Joey G) [Produced by John Wade]
First Impressions drops this Tuesday (June 21) via bandcamp.

2 comments:

  1. "we make this shit here to get you right when you put it on" maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took it as "We made this shitty to get you right when you put it on" Kind of as when your feelin real shitty so you put it on and BAM double negative and your straight. Its a song fo dranks. The ironic part is the song aint that shitty, its more liek hype city.

    ReplyDelete

PLZ  BE  KIND