7.8.11

Introduction of a Species

Some of you may know that my fiance and I just moved from (my hometown) Morgantown, West Virginia to Oakland, California, so you might appreciate the chance that less than a few days after leaving I would hear from a Morgantown band. The Dreadful Horoscope was a name I heard floating around for a while and though I never heard any albums or saw them play any shows, it turns out the moniker's been in use for a at least a little while. Their latest album, Song of the Invasive Species, is an almost grotesque juxtaposition of lyrical quirks and meandering organs, punctuated with samples and moments of droning absence, that ultimately condense into a sort of Appalachian Gnosticism. I recommend it.

MP3 ::
Download the entire album here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLZ  BE  KIND