24.8.11

uUu

I have to admit, I love cloudy days (I'm still adjusting to the perpetual sunniness of California), but the super summery track "uUu" by Field Trips is hard to beat. Cheery, bubblegum surf vocals come in immediately, along with a groovy, repetitious bass line that I can't get out of my head. This isn't straight-up Beach Boys stuff, though; the vocals and guitar are deliciously fuzzy enough that this track never gets old. Now I just have to wait for a full-length release from these guys...

Their equally as awesome single "I Am The Sun" is also available over at their beachy bandcamp.

Update: I originally thought this band was from Oakland, but it turns out that they're not the same band. These folks are German and are hoping to have an album out in October.

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a song made by some robots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe their from Liepzig, Germany. Here's a post I did on a remix of theirs: http://t.co/zFmgRhQ

    ReplyDelete

PLZ  BE  KIND