18.8.11

Wanna Fight

Since moving to Oakland, I keep fortuitously coming across awesome bands that happen to be from the Bay Area. I've recently gotten into Oakland-based band Bare Wires, who were featured on Castle Face Records' Group Flex Vol. 1, an amazing collection of five seven-inch flexi discs. Group Flex includes exclusive tracks from almost all of Castle Face's tasty roster: Blasted Canyons, Thee Oh Sees, Bare Wires, The Fresh & Onlys, and Ty Segall, who's teamed up with Mikal Cronin. The discs are holographic and multi-colored, and the packaging is deftly designed by artist William Keihn. I could keep going on about this sweet project, but instead I'll just leave you with one of the tracks from it. Enjoy.

If you're like me, you'll want this thing immediately. Buy it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLZ  BE  KIND