6.10.11

My Old Friends

Each year, when it starts to get colder outside and the leaves begin turning, I always find myself wanting to listen to more indie-folk-rock and the like (it always seems cozy and familiar). So, I felt it was good timing when Minnesota-based band EMOT emailed us about their sophomore album, "Make You Electric", on which they made use of "sixty year-old tube microphones, half-inch tape and crackling amplifiers" while recording. The warmth definitely comes through on all ten tracks. The songs are simple, straightforward, and honest; in the first track, "My Old Friends", the vocals are a clear brook in an autumn forest of banjo, guitar, and simple percussion. Give this record a listen when it's chilly out and you're unboxing your scarves and sweaters.

Stream and/or buy the whole thing right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLZ  BE  KIND